Friday, July 16, 2010

Volcan Baru

Just thought I would do a quick blog to remind us of how awesome (and painful) it was to climb the Volcano in Boquete, and to make it to the highest point in Panama!! The whole way down the mountain I was thinking "There is no way we just made it to the top of this thing!". I want to say thanks to Metsker and to all of her 'team' for their hard work, caring and teamwork to get us all to the top. I also still think it's really awesome that a lot of us (myself included) achieved something that while we thought was almost impossible on the journey up. Considering some of the things and people that we saw and worked with while in San Felix, I think this is something that we should really take to heart. I beleive that some of the people probably feel every day that they are working towards something that cannot possibly end in victory, and that there may not even be hope for victory, or even for something better. I hope that as the USF CON returns and more attention is brought to the area, that these people know that things can improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment